Sunday, December 29, 2019

Preparations

      When it comes to traveling, I am a major over-packer. I always think I need to pack an extra outfit for each day I am there or a fancy outfit in case a last minute plan comes up. I never ever use even half of the items I pack (which better safe than sorry, right?). For this trip I have mostly focused on bringing all of my hygiene essentials and items to help me sleep on the train after researching the best items to bring on a train ride. I also have packed a stuffed Labrador Retriever because my anxiety about leaving my four dogs is extremely high. I have printed out the resources given over our D2L site in order to stay organized and I have also printed my ticket for a free day activity. I have purchased MANY items for this trip such as: a modern diaper bag that looks like a backpack so I can have room for a jacket and snacks on the trip, a neck pillow for the train ride, and some clothes that might come in handy for the variable weather conditions. I have done a lot of research regarding the weather and what I should bring clothing wise, luckily I have a friend that lives down there and keeps me updated regularly on the essentials to pack. I have already made a schedule regarding my dogs care and given specific instructions to my significant other on how I prefer the house to be cleaned. I have printed out an itinerary for close family members so they know what I will be doing in case they need to contact me. I have tried to research and plan as best as possible, especially since this is my first time traveling by myself without a close family member. 

No comments:

Post a Comment