Sunday, December 29, 2019
Expectations
I have never left the farm or my family for more than 4 days at a time. To say I am anxious and nervous is a complete understatement. I am especially nervous to leave my four dogs for so long. I am excited to be able to explore "NOLA" as all the hip people call New Orleans, Louisiana. This is my first trip "on my own" without having a family member with me. I think it will be a very eye opening experience to me. I spend most of my time on my significant other's family farm in which I have loved and enjoyed every second of my time here. I hope to learn more about the history in New Orleans, which I even booked a river boat ride that tours the battlefield for an hour (and of course comes with a Creole meal). I think it will be very informative about the culture in New Orleans and I am excited to be able to get to enjoy the time with some of my favorite classmates. I want to experience what it is like to be off of our small farm that is like a cozy cocoon and open my eyes wider to a completely different culture and type of land. To be honest, I am mostly looking forward to the new cuisine. I love any kind of seafood or Cajun cooked meals so this will be so exciting. I already plan on spending most of my time googling little hole in the wall restaurants with the best reviews.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment